Tuna muffin Melts!
This particular recipe came to my attention from a friends husband who was thought by marine buddies of his. He told a story of how the used to make tuna muffin melts every morning while being on a ship away for service. One day after a small get together he made a breakfast treat for us and ever since then I recreate it very so often. It is easy, quick to make and soooo delicious! You will love Tuna Muffins! 🙂
Enough for 2 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 TUNA can in oil or water it doesn’t matter.
- 1 or 2 tbl spoons of MAYONEZ
- 1 med size pickle PICKLES
- MUFFINS or BREAD
- #1 Drain a can of tuna and drop it in a mixing bowl.
- #2 Chop the pickles up in cubes, looking to have pickles: 1 tuna ratio. Try adding onions, I just did not have any. Combine chopped pickles with tuna.
- #3 Add a few table spoons if mayo -/+ depending in your preference, salt, pepper combine the mixture.
- #4 No muffins in my pantry so bread will do 😉 Toast the bread lightly on both sides and spread the tuna mixture on top. Lay the cheese out so it covers the whole toast and pop it into a toaster oven or a regular oven for until the cheese melts : -)
Oven: 375 preheat and let it cook for about 7-10 minutes depending on the cheese and many other factors.
Toaster oven: 400 preheat cook for 10-15 minutes. Bone appetite!