- piece of BUTTER
- Dry or fresh HERBS any kind will work
- Paper towel
Makes one serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15minutes
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- #1 Apply butter to foil so the skin side doesn’t stick to it, unless non stick foil is used 😉
- #2 Salmon needs to be wash and patted dry with paper towel.
- #3 Season with salt, pepper, paprika and herbs to taste on both sides. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice and decorate with sliced garlic and lemon.
- #4 Fold every sides so the salmon steams inside in its own oils (salmon is known as a fatty fish with lots of natural oil so no need to add more) and place it in a baking dish. Set the timer to 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness and the size of the salmon fillet. The rule of thumb is 10 minutes for 1 centimeter of thickness.
- Olive, sesame seed or grape oils can be drizzled over the fish to add to taste but not necessary.
- Also try adding a tiny bit of soy sauce or fish sauce that can be purchased at any Asian specialty store. Play around with different ingredients in your house!